1. Because you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember what you said to whom. You won’t accidentally contradict yourself.
2. You earn the reputation as an honest person. If you are a manager, your staff members tell each other, “Our boss might be more honest about your work than you sometimes want to hear, but it’s better to know the truth.”
3. People follow your example and are more truthful to you.
4. Your stress level drops. You sleep better, eat better and look better.
5. You can look at yourself in the mirror. Lying causes self-criticism and depression. Honesty causes self-confidence and pride.
6. You are more persuasive. To be persuasive, you need to be believable. To be believable, you must be truthful.
7. Best of all, you are trustworthy. When people can trust you, you earn their support. You need peoples’ support to reach your goals.
This is an interesting post to read about lies.. Here is the link.. Why do we lie?